John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
thread 1/14
Let me tell you a little story...

Before I moved down here, my sister told me I would have to live with my parents for 6 months because during the "in season", it's very difficult, if not impossible, to find an apartment because 1. Either there's nothing available or 2. It's too expensive.
09:31 AM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 2/14
I'm about to text my sister that I need her help in finding an apartment. And I know how this will play out - soon after I text her, my parent's landlines will ring with her bitching about my text. Blah, blah, fucking blah.

I'm done. I get blamed, mostly by my father, of stupid shit, the last and
A
thread 3/14
final straw, how many fucking plastic bags remain in their stash. And my mother stays silent to avoid his wrath. Apparently they've forgotten that I'm not fucking afraid of them.

So bookmark this thread because there will be current updates, I'm sure.
A
thread 5/14
Like clockwork, my sister just called.

She also sent me a lengthy text response, essentially blaming me for the time period in which I chose to move here, ie apartments are too expensive. She's about to get a fucking earful. 😡
09:56 AM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 6/14
My mom just came in to talk to me. She tried excusing his behavior and I laid into her. She stood there as my father yelled at me over plastic bags and said nothing. She said he doesn't know what he's saying. I told her to put him in a fucking home then. She said it's *how* he says things. I told
10:04 AM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 7/14
her he's been a dick to me my whole life. She apologized, I told her to get out.

I haven't decided if I'm even going to waste my breath with my sister. She's utterly useless.
10:06 AM - Jan 20, 2024 (Edited)
A
thread 8/14
To update y'all, my father tried to apologize and I told him I wasn't interested. He's either completely oblivious to how he treats me or...nah, there is no OR. He's treated me this way my entire life and I told him as such. He kept trying to push me for resolution and I told him no. Resolution to
11:31 AM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 9/14
him is bring nice for a few days and then acting like a dick again. I told him I'm done.

On my way out, I gave a weak, insincere "bye" and he said "we'll have dinner together tonight." I slammed the door behind me with no response. We will *not* be having dinner together or any meal, for that
11:34 AM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 10/14
matter. Done means done. If he were to die tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough.

Yeah, I said it.
11:35 AM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 11/14
Just got home from work. Parents immediate brought me into my dad's office to talk. I told them I wasn't interested in one of their long, drawn-out bullshit conversations. My father tried to apologize several times. He only wants to be forgiven so I said "Fine, you're forgiven. Happy now?"
05:30 PM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 12/14
Then I walked out. I'm done with the nonsense and years of his dumbfuckery and my mom enabling his behavior. I'm done with them, period.
05:32 PM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 13/14
I finally ventured out of my room to make something for dinner. My parent's bedroom door is slightly ajar and I could hear my mom having a heated discussion on the phone with whom I assume is my sister. I think it's finally sunk into my mom's head, that I'm not interested in apologies that should
07:55 PM - Jan 20, 2024
A
thread 14/14
have come years ago. I'm not interested in making amends, I want them out of my life. The only reason I have to stay in this shithole state is because they forced me to sell my home in a city I loved and I transferred in my job. To say that I HATE my parents, is an understatement.
07:58 PM - Jan 20, 2024
Paulie Amory
A
That sucks so much. Maybe someone from here can help? What area are you looking? I'm in fl & am familiar w/several counties. The extended family usually prevails in my world. Good luck!
10:35 AM - Jan 20, 2024
A
In response to Paulie Amory.
You're very kind. I'll let you know.
10:38 AM - Jan 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}