Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I remember in college we talked about how in the South they taught that it was the War of Southern Independence and the Union were the aggressors. When I was in school I was taught the Civil War was caused by the acquisition of new land and fighting if it would be slave land or free.
Sassy Musing @Sassy_Musing
OH MY GOD! I cannot believe that people don't know the cause of the Civil War. Where in the hell did they go to school? How can they not know this? I can't believe the curriculum was better in the 60s and 70s.
11:29 PM - Jan 20, 2024
12:56 AM - Jan 21, 2024
winky "On Strike!" 13
A
I guarantee that 90% of the adults in USA don’t even know that the ‘South’ began to secede BEFORE Lincoln was even sworn in. They knew he was an abolitionist, and could not stand the idea of a country without slavery. American history is woefully taught in America.
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
02:01 AM - Jan 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to winky "On Strike!" 13.
Of course they don't know that. Tensions were simmering for over a decade before actual seceding. I believe it was Millard Fillmore who had an uneventful Presidency other than the Compromise of 1850, giving up Utah and New Mexico to the South in exchange for California being free.
02:08 AM - Jan 21, 2024
winky "On Strike!" 13
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
There was so much wheeling and dealing that ultimately were compromises made to keep the state from failing. And today the parallels are staggering, if you consider how much leeway the government has given to white supremacy in the name of stability.
12:02 PM - Jan 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}