Only accounts this user (RetiredLibrarian) follows can see their posts

Mary Becker
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
I’m not sure their political persuasion but can assure dem men can be whiner babies too.
10:45 AM - Jan 22, 2024
Claire Daniel
A
That’s happened to me, too. Jeez.
09:41 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Jonathan Swainger
A
Just had to confirm that I’m following you in part, so I can offer “don’t let the bastards grind you down.” There. As you were.
07:51 PM - Jan 21, 2024
No
A
Hear Hear!
03:49 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Reginald Capers
A
As a member of the Male Club I'd like to say we are stupid. Only a few of us learn to be good human beings, and give up misogyny cloaked in our own hidden tolerance.
03:33 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
1/2 It's BS that you and all women have to deal with this. There was a time when I would declare "I don't do that" and leave it. I realized some time ago that such statements don't help anybody. So I don't say that. I've started calling misogyny out when I see it, even when it's just "us guys"
02:12 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
2/2 know what? They don't like it when another man calls them out either. I've lost friendships doing this. "What in the fuck is wrong with you?" has been a retort.

Honestly, I don't miss those friendships. Guys, we can make a difference here. "Going along" has a moral cost too.
02:13 PM - Jan 21, 2024

Only followers of this user (RetiredLibrarian) can see their posts

Kirk Taylor
A
Old men, especially us old white men have the most thoroughgoing conditioning by privilege of anyone. We’ve been told our whole lives that we are the repository of all things wise.
Personally, when I look at all the dumb things I’ve said in the past, I know I should prolly just shut and listen
02:06 PM - Jan 21, 2024

Deb
A
My husband is a big believer in going along so I don’t make anyone uncomfortable or angry. Easy for him to say because he isn’t the one required to go along with bad behavior. I stand up for myself anyway because it is the right thing to do.
01:34 PM - Jan 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}