Scott Andera
A
Man, has Tony Romo's lack of prep the past couple of years made him one of the most annoying game analysts.
He just referred to Jason Kelce, standing behind Taylor Swift celebrating Travis' TD, as the "brother-in-law"
I guess, congrats are in order for the happy couple!
08:33 PM - Jan 21, 2024
PS Annie
A
In response to Scott Andera.
No one is worse than Troy Aikman. What is it with ex-Cowboys QBs?
10:52 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Scott Andera
A
In response to PS Annie.
Yeah, Aikman's worse. Romo was good when he gave a damn about preparing. For quite a while, networks were really big on hiring white offensive skill players from the Cowboys to be analysts.
Now, if you want to get blackout drunk by halftime, take a shot when Aikman says "Aaaand" or Romo says "Jim"
11:13 PM - Jan 21, 2024
PS Annie
A
🤣🤣🤣

I always feel like Aikman is trying to channel John Madden for his ability to state the obvious. The difference is that John Madden was everyone's charming uncle, so he could kind of pull it off. Aikman is just painful.
11:17 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Scott Andera
A
That, and Aikman still thinks its 2003 and coaches should stick to strategies that worked then. Going for it on 4th and 3 is not exactly revolutionary for some teams.
Also think all the head injuries that basically ended his career may be part of the issue, too.
In response to PS Annie.
11:30 PM - Jan 21, 2024
PS Annie
A
That's so true. You could be right about the injuries but I've never thought he was particularly bright to start with. Another difference between him and Madden, Romo too.
11:32 PM - Jan 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}