Dave
A
Hard to believe for like 15 minutes back in the late-1990's hot jazz hit the popular music chart thanks to the likes of this band.
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Put A Lid On It
#music #SpoutibleMusic #SquirrelNutZippers
Put A Lid On It - Squirrel Nut Zippers (1996) - YouTube

"Put A Lid On It," by The Squirrel Nut Zippers. Lyrics:Put a lid on itWhat's that you say?Put a lid on itOh man, no wayPut a lid down on it, and everything ...

10:02 PM - Mar 06, 2023
JeffCO
A
In response to Dave.
Saw them open for... somebody... somewhere around Denver in... I want to say, 97ish. I suppose I could try looking it up. I do recall enjoying their set
10:18 PM - Mar 06, 2023
J Patrick Rader
A
Hey! I think I was at that show too! I wanna say, "The Soiled Dove"? I'm not sure if I'm remembering or confabulating. 🤪🤣🤣
In response to JeffCO.
10:58 PM - Mar 07, 2023
JeffCO
A
In response to J Patrick Rader.
Maybe! They played a number of venues around Denver. And I did see shows at the Soiled Dove. However I vaguely think this one might have been at Fiddler's.
11:07 PM - Mar 07, 2023
J Patrick Rader
A
In response to JeffCO.
Totally forgot about that venue! It may have very well been there! LOL I remember shows at Fiddler's always having to end early because it was literally in a neighborhood...again, I could be confabulating. I had a near-fatal accident on 8th & Mariposa in '99. My CO memories are fuzzy. LOL
11:14 PM - Mar 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}