Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
Turns out I don't have very many movies starting with 'E' on my Wall of Movies. I went looking through the titles listed at Wikipedia, and really only found one that I felt was "missing" for me.

So ... what are your favorite movies starting with 'E'?
04:25 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Megan Kotte
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Enchanted
El Mariachi
Enders Game
04:31 PM - Mar 07, 2023
A
In response to Megan Kotte.
Haven't seen any of those. I read Ender's Game back in the '80s and thought it was pretty cool at that time, but I only remember the main points.

I am one of those people who gets mad when the movie is not as good as the book, which is .. usually :p
04:34 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Carl Rauscher
A
If you remember the book "Ender's Game" fondly, then you are probably not going to like the movie. Consensus in our house is that is should have been two movies to give more time to telling the story (and less focus on the flashy CGI space battles.)
07:03 AM - Mar 08, 2023
A
In response to Carl Rauscher.
That's usually my experience, the story gets limited to the treetops, plus explosions and CGI. Every once in a while, the film version, while not the same exactly, manages to capture the spirit and essence of the story, but usually it's just like a puppet show that doesn't do it justice.
07:08 AM - Mar 08, 2023
Carl Rauscher
A
I think this adaptation was so disappointing for me because the story had so much depth and today's visual effects could finally bring the complex Battle Room scenes to life. Instead, they seemed to have spent the budget on A-list actors who didn't read the book.
07:16 AM - Mar 08, 2023
A
In response to Carl Rauscher.
Yeah, and that's exactly what I mean .. they strip-mine the IP for 90-ish minutes of what a bunch of bean counters who don't properly understand its value or impact thought was a good idea, with one or more Famous Faces to prop up the explosions, all to extract the maximum possible ROI. It's gross.
07:34 AM - Mar 08, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}