Nefarious Newt
A
People have to stop thinking that Joe Biden picked Kamala Harris because she could be "groomed" for further success as President. As any of us who latched on to her in 2019 understood, SHE WAS ALREADY READY TO GO. Joe picked a PARTNER, like he was to Barack Obama. THAT is what makes them powerful.
11:14 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Dodi Davies
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
One of my favorite scenes in the West Wing TV serious was when Vice President Hoynes asked President Bartlet what was his reason for keeping him on the ticket.

Bartlet wrote a note and gave it to Hoynes.

“Because I could die”
12:15 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Cyndi Brown
A
I was with her before I was with him. She made bad men cry under oath. It's only gotten better since that.
06:54 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Geralyn Pfaff
A
She was my first choice. He was my last. How’s that working out? Brilliantly.
06:38 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Sabine
A
I think one goal was to get her more exposure. The greatest successes would be worthless if no one knew her name. The other goal may have been to raise her profile in foreign policy to avoid that she´d been thrown in the deep end, as has been the experience of many American presidents in the past.
05:53 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Lolafromthe D
A
I hope he steps aside before his next term is up and she steps up
03:14 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Barb says Ignore the polls
A
In response to Lolafromthe D.
Why does he need to step aside?
11:03 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
In response to Lolafromthe D.
That's ridiculous.
11:36 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Royce Hansen
A
Exactly! In fact SHE was my first choice and I was thrilled with the partnership.
01:20 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Rivka
A
Partner is a great word. The VP can be a thankless job sometimes because they do so many things that people don't see, but yet are ready to criticize anyway. Running mate always felt off to me. Presidential partner has a zingier feel.
01:14 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
The experience someone gets as VP is invaluable, as the presidency is a hot-seat like no other. I am always glad when our candidate has been on the inside of that. As much experience as Biden had in Congress, his experience as VP greatly increased his skills IMO. I’m glad MVP is getting that now.
12:22 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Whiskerchops von Fuzzybutt
A
In response to Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!.
Indeed - Same can be said with Hakeem Jeffries. He already has the chops to be a good SotH, but his time partnering with Nancy Pelosi allowed him to sharpen his considerable skills even further.

True masters of their craft never stop learning. They are always on the lookout to improve.
07:02 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
In response to Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!.
He's giving her what Barack gave him & she's gonna be better than both!
11:37 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Love Miracles
B
💯
12:07 PM - Jan 24, 2024
WestCoaster
A
Biden picked Harris because she is competent, experienced, and fully capable of being president. And as with Obama and Biden, the VP pick rounds out the team, providing complementary strengths and shoring up any perceived weaknesses. Both great teams!
11:35 AM - Jan 24, 2024
BigBrownGirl
A
11:17 AM - Jan 24, 2024
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
I had planned on voting for her in 2020 but she dropped out right before our primary.
11:17 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Mimi Wells
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
I still have her campaign stickers on my fridge.
11:20 AM - Jan 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}