Nguyen Huynh
A
thread 1/4
As we're cleaning up after dinner, younger daughter suddenly asked, "Dad, do you remember the bakery where they had giant whisks outside for decoration? They had very good pastries and breads. I think we stopped by it on our way home from Oklahoma more than a year ago."
10:31 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Nguyen Huynh
A
thread 2/4
And there we stood in the kitchen trying to recall that bakery. My other kids joined in retracing the trip to bring back almost all the details, but we still couldn't place that bakery any where in it.
Nguyen Huynh
A
thread 3/4
It turned out that the bakery was in a different region we visited on a different trip earlier that year. Zingerman's Bakehouse in Ann Arbor, MI, as my memory fortunately abled to recall now. I showed her the pictures on Google Maps, and she was so excited to confirm that that was the place.
Nguyen Huynh
A
thread 4/4
I love the memories we're creating with our kids. They can surprise us by remembering things we may not think are any significant and take us down the memory lane sometime.

My wallet took a pretty good hit in that bakery that day, but it was totally worth it.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}