Secret Agent
A
Texas school's punishment of Black student who wears his hair in locs is going to trial
06:46 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Secret Agent.
I don't agree the school should be allowed to harass this young man because of his hair, but the adults aren't helping him. His parents need to stick to one story as to why this situation requires a lawsuit. Texas needs to add verbiage to its hair law. The young man is suffering and it must stop.
07:47 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
I read another news report that says Texas has a law protecting the rights of its citizens to wear protective hairstyles (e.g. locks). The school is saying that locks are okay, but that in their natural state, their length can't go below the shoulders.

The law 's vagueness caused this fight, yes?
07:44 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
I went back in the time to better understand this dispute'. The young man's family 1st said it was his civil right to wear his hair as it is. Then his parents switched to say his hair is a connection to his familial ancestors. This change in reasoning isn't helping this young man's legal case.
07:39 AM - Jan 25, 2024
Pedro B
A
SIncere question, what the fuck is wrong with the people that run that state? This is what "scared white man" syndrome is.
06:50 AM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}