SoundNFury
A
thread 1/2
The things Jon Stewart says are not groundbreaking.

They are often things marginalized people have shouted for ages into the void.

He might seem groundbreaking to people who need a white man to say things before they believe it to be true.

I am not one of those people.
11:58 AM - Jan 25, 2024
SoundNFury
A
thread 2/2
It's important to consider that Stewart is somebody who a lot of people treat his words as gospel. As such, he should be held to a higher standard than the average person with an opinion.

He's good at skewering Republicans and it's fine that he's back. I just don't see it as a Second Coming.
11:58 AM - Jan 25, 2024
GRANDma isn't Right
A
In response to SoundNFury.
Sadly, some people DO need an old white dude to them facts.

At least their facts.

BTW, Did anyone else have friends who thought The Colbert Report was really conservative? I had at least 2. 😂😂
12:32 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Fiona Bski
A
Not sure where groundbreaking, words as gospel, held to a higher standard, & second coming are coming from. Who is putting this much emphasis on this 1 man?

I like him, glad he is back, welcome his hilarious comedy, & hope he reaches an audience that doesn't see/pay attention the gop hypocrisy.
12:22 PM - Jan 25, 2024
SoundNFury
A
In response to Fiona Bski.
Are you oblivious to the reactions people have had to others saying "meh" to him being back?

It's good for you that you like him.

I don't care too much for him either way.
12:23 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Nikki Norman
A
You are 100% correct. But as long as there are people in this world that only hear issues when those issues are exclaimed by white voices, people like Jon Stewart are a necessary tool.
12:09 PM - Jan 25, 2024
SoundNFury
A
In response to Nikki Norman.
Definitely. I see the benefit of him being back and if he can get the right message across, then God bless him.

I just think he gets kind of worshipped while a ton of others who have also said and done similar things get crickets.
12:10 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Mimi Wells
A
In response to Nikki Norman.
I wish someone had the sense to just have hired Roy Wood, Jr. outright. I’d bet that’s why he left the network, more’s the pity.
12:25 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Auntie CC .
A
True, true! Our voices and messages aren't valid to some, who only react and internalize white voices. Even so called allies.
12:05 PM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}