Colornlight
A
thread 1/7
For those 'progressives' out there calling Joe Biden "Genocide Joe" and who say they will not vote for him in November, even though he has repeatedly called for a two-state solution and for a reduction of civilian casualties in Gaza, this is what your "sitting it out in November" will elect:
Donald
12:09 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Colornlight
A
thread 2/7
Trump. He suggested in a recent interview that the war between Israel and Hamas will just have to “play out” despite concerns about rising civilian casualties. “So you have a war that’s going on, and you’re probably going to have to let this play out.
Colornlight
A
thread 3/7
You’re probably going to have to let it play out because a lot of people are dying,” Trump told Univision in an interview that aired last week.
Uh, what??? What a bunch of gobblety goop. He has no idea what to do there. He's a complete nincompoop on just about every issue ...
Colornlight
A
thread 4/7
with the exception of tax cuts for people who don't need them.
The situation in Gaza is awful. There are no easy solutions there. The loss of innocent lives is obscene on every level.
Colornlight
A
thread 5/7
But the United States didn't cause Hamas to go into Israel and slaughter hundreds of innocents last October, and Israel does have a right to defend itself. Netanyahu is not handling any of this well for sure. He needs to go. This is an untenable situation for all concerned. The U.S.
Colornlight
A
thread 6/7
is caught in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario. But thinking that sitting out the election in November is going to do anything to help the poor people in Gaza, and therefore handing the White House back to idiot Donald Trump is, well, I am sorry. That is really flawed reasoning.
Colornlight
A
thread 7/7
Trump will make it worse. Much worse.
Sometimes I am embarassed to call myself a progressive.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}