Christopher Bouzy
A
It's not just that. A lot of these folks who are screaming "free Palestine" completely ignore the atrocities happening in several parts of Africa. Many were also silent when Russia killed thousands of Ukrainian children, women, and elderly people and disposed of them in mass graves like garbage.
Char @Charmed_Im_Sure
I don't think it is on Mr. Bouzy to dedicate himself to a cause like that, regardless of his influence. It isn't Mr. Bouzy's job to fix the whole world, any more than it is yours or mine.

If your President can't stop it, I don't think pressure from people without influence on world diplomacy can.
12:20 PM - Jan 25, 2024
12:36 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Ricardo
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Wow, whataboutism?
Damn, that's fine. If one try to call awareness on the lack of morals for the long lasting suffering of the Palestinian, we fail because don't call awareness on the Sudanese sufering. The problem with that thought is that we keep deferring the Israeli extremists influence worldwid
07:56 AM - Jan 26, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Ricardo.
The "a lot of" and "Many" broad brush conflation is a not-so-obvious aspect of it.
08:05 AM - Jan 26, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
This is a fair point, though of course not all pro-Palestine advocates' positions are the same.

The consistency with which one calls out atrocities is probably a good gauge for whether one is a sincere advocate for human rights, or a propagandist exploiting a horrific conflict for ulterior ends.
04:39 AM - Jan 26, 2024
Vaughn Hilton
A
It seems to me most of those screaming and interrupting our daily lives have their own agendas and their actions are performative as well as recruitment for others looking for a purpose to protest, not a solution.
02:50 PM - Jan 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
Or the ones happening in the U.S. This person is trying to manage other people's activism.
01:01 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Char
A
So true. Sadly, we see genocide on an ongoing basis in other countries, many of which are in Africa. It has been going on for the better part of our lifetimes.

The world is a perpetual dumpster fire and countless people are being harmed.

The Palestine situation isn't new either.
12:53 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
I was going to say it, but I'm glad you did instead. Many of the people calling for a ceasefire and condemning Israel have paid no attention to torture, mass destruction and literally tens of thousands of deaths caused in Ukraine by Russia.
12:42 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
If someone only cares about human rights violations when they occur in one specific part of the world, they don't actually care about human rights violations.
12:43 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Gerald F
A
I always say “where is the Arab world”
12:40 PM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}