David Bowen
A
thread 1/2
Does anyone seeing this spout own or have experience with a BEV (battery electric vehicle)?

I've been planning to buy one (which one? who knows) and am interested in people's experiences, e.g., charging, road trips, etc. Thanks
03:38 PM - Jan 25, 2024
David Bowen
A
thread 2/2
A couple years ago we rewired the garage to 100 amp service and installed a dryer outlet (60 amp) near the garage door to allow for EV charging. I've never used the outlet so I hope it works. It seems that public charging may still be problematic, which is not good for road trips.
04:25 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Elizabeth
A
In response to David Bowen.
On my 2nd (bought them both used) 2015 Model S. The first one was in Chicago, and I was going that way for a conference so picked it up rather than pay to have it shipped to SoCal. Then drove it to Toronto and Montreal and road-tripped home. Great way to get to know a whole different way of driving!
04:37 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Elizabeth
A
In response to Elizabeth.
This was 2018 and there were appropriately spaced chargers the whole way home, but none yet on 94 or trans-Canada. They are everywhere now but I only use on road-trips or days that I end up doing extra driving. Lost free supercharging with 2nd but charge at home every night.
04:43 PM - Jan 25, 2024
BryanOfOhio
A
No, and having lots of opinions about EV's don't qualify me to give you an answer either. 😁
04:04 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
We don’t, unfortunately, but wish we could get one.
03:44 PM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}