Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Mc Crispy
A
1/ First off, white isn't a race.

Kace is absolutely correct. We of the melanemic persuasion ALL have racist tropes, ideologies, and biases, baked in. Every one of us.

Some of us work to overcome them, and some of us double down.

So now the question is, why did you feel personally attacked by
In response to Synthaholic.
09:50 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Thorn Among Roses
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
As an older, female mayosapien, I can clearly remember my grandparents using the N word. My grandmother did until I asked her not to (I was a mouthy teen). I *thought* I'd always stood up/stood strong for people who look different than me. /1
12:03 AM - Jan 26, 2024
Thorn Among Roses
A
In response to Thorn Among Roses.
2/ And yet, I came to the glaring realization that I was so so wrong. I can have good intentions and say things that land wrong/harmful (microaggressions). When I take the time to not react and instead think about why I'm saying or thinking what I am, I realize it's a reflection of my upbringing.
12:04 AM - Jan 26, 2024
Synthaholic
A
Why do you think I feel personally attacked just because I'm correcting a bigoted statement?
09:53 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Mc Crispy
A
In response to Synthaholic.
Because of the very fact that you responded with a known racist trope.
09:53 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Mc Crispy
A
2/ what was said, and why did you double down without taking the slightest bit of time to sit with it and examine yourself?

Reverse racism is a nonsense construct made up by racists to excuse their racism.
09:50 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Synthaholic
A
Where is the reverse racism? I think you just want to hear yourself talk, because you're 0 for 2 on perception.
09:54 PM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}