Lydia
A
thread 1/5
Last night, I attended a speaker series event that brought Liz Cheney in as the presenter. She was very articulate and straightforward in her observations about Trump, our Constitution, and our country. She even talked about yesterday’s news reports of the Republicans retreating from their work…
10:59 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Lydia
A
thread 2/5
…on border policy and support for Ukraine, which she characterized as despicable politics getting in the way of things we need to accomplish in order to move forward. (I did not realize this before last night, but Cheney worked for USAID in Eastern Europe (including Ukraine and Russia) years before
Lydia
A
thread 3/5
she was elected to Congress in 2016.

Anyway…she said something last night that has been rolling around in my brain ever since. She said the No Labels Party has been quietly getting on every state’s ballot for the 2024 election. When she was asked what she thought a third party might do in a Biden v
Lydia
A
thread 4/5
Trump race, she quickly responded that we cannot run the risk of a second Trump presidency, no matter what. But she DID NOT badmouth the No Labels efforts at all. Hmmm. That made me start to wonder if No Labels is waiting in the wings to emerge in the event something happens to Trump (conviction?)
Lydia
A
thread 5/5
…or something (heaven forbid) happens to Biden (age-related health event?).

Interesting idea to set up a fall-back plan that could “come to life” even at the last moment. She also mentioned Joe Manchin as a possible candidate - a name also put forward in Mitt Romney’s recently-released biography…

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}