Myra Faye Turner
A
I attended a predominantly white school grades 2-5. Bused out of my predominantly Black neighborhood because bigots set my school literally on fire rather than accept desegregation.

Y'all need to stop acting like some of us don't have first-hand experiences with racist motherfukkkers.
Bowerydoll @Bowerydoll
So many white people cut off their noses to spite their faces during jim crow
segregation. They had public parks, public pools & so much more closed & filled in instead of embracing the idea of sharing them with Black folks. History is rhyming. Never stop learning. This history is about ALL of us.
04:35 PM - Jan 26, 2024
07:16 PM - Jan 26, 2024
Dennis Allen
A
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
I was part of the first court-ordered school bussing. Bussed out of my lilly-white neighborhood. Most parents and teachers hated it. Looking back, it was a definite success at the micro (individual student) level…I’ve lived in very diverse cities all my life.
#diversitymatters
06:45 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Licia
A
Truth! They go through great lengths to ignore the crap we endure daily.
12:55 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Jeff Russell
A
I'm truly sorry for what you and millions of other Americans have gone through in this country. The sad part is that I feel in some ways we are slipping right back into this dark hole. The hatred and vitriol spewed from ignorant people who don't take the time to understand others is beyond belief.
08:34 PM - Jan 26, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Jeff Russell.
Thank u, Jeff.
08:41 PM - Jan 26, 2024
Licia
A
In response to Jeff Russell.
Jeff, they are not ignorant. If ignorance had been the problem, it could have been solved decades ago. What they have done, are doing, and will do in the name of white savagery is deliberate. Their bigotry and prejudice is supported by systemic racism. That is the horrifying reality.
01:06 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Ellen Leigh
A
How terrible! Keep telling your story. We do need to hear it. If Black kids can endure it, then white kids (and adults) can learn about that trauma. We must do better for all of us moving forward.
07:20 PM - Jan 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}