SoundNFury
A
thread 1/4
I don't think it's a good idea to crap on other states for being "red" or the people there as being "deserving" of the leaders they get.

In the first place, because of the gerrymandering and other reasons why bad leaders are in power.
02:03 PM - Jan 27, 2024
SoundNFury
A
thread 2/4
But also, being in California, which is "blue" these days, I remember assholes like Pete Wilson and Prop. 187. I wasn't old enough to vote back then, but I certainly didn't "deserve" to have that clown in power.
SoundNFury
A
thread 3/4
Not to mention local areas like Temecula and Huntington Beach, which have been exhibiting all kinds of right-wing fuckery lately.

Americans should care about each other, even across state lines.
SoundNFury
A
thread 4/4
There should be a recognition that there are certain fundamental rights and privileges which should apply to all.
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
In response to SoundNFury.
I'm concerned about the inroads the Far Reich (GOP) has made in smaller CA towns. I'm an hour North of LA, and sadly, there is a huge Trmp following.
You can never take the status of Red/Blue for granted. Voting in every election (City/State/National) is necessary & being educated on issues.
03:59 PM - Jan 27, 2024
SoundNFury
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
Yup.

I was even concerned when I moved a few miles from my old house to where I currently live. The demographics can shift pretty dramatically from city to city.
04:03 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Camara Reed she/her/we/us
A
This old article was triggering. I detest this racist mf. I moved to San Diego in 1979 and I voted against him when he ran for his last term as San Diego’s mayor and I voted against his ass when he ran for governor. Unfortunately, he was successful. I was so happy when the state finally flipped.
02:24 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Elektra 🖖
A
There was a role reversal for Texas and California in the 90s. Ann Richards was Governor of Texas around the time Pete Wilson was Governor I think. California is blue in the most populous areas for sure, but there are plenty of chunks of red around the state.
02:17 PM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}