Cynthia Williams
A
This incident isn't the 1st time a Tesla stopped operating on the road suddenly.

And it won't be the last. 👇🏾

Be careful driving around your hometown with Tesla death traps roaming our roads.
06:32 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Matt Cravets
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
C'mon now, let's take it easy with the hyperbole ("death traps"). Every day gas cars stall out, catch fire, and run out of gas in the middle of the road. On top of that, gas car drivers are supporting the oil industry and spewing toxins into the air, damaging the environment every second.
02:50 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Matt Cravets.
I was an automotive engineer and executive. I would NEVER let one of my engineers EVER design the subpar designs that are on Teslas. We made mistakes in our designs but quickly worked to correct things to make sure they never happened again. Elon Musk laughs at these design issues. Someone will die.
02:55 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Matt Cravets
A
C'mon now. How many people died in Toyotas that actually did suddenly accelerate back in the 90's? People have died because of automotive design defects since the beginning of the industry. To this day, my Model S is consistently rated as one of the safest cars on the road.
02:58 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Matt Cravets.
Matt, the Toyota story is pretty extensive so I won't waste time debating it with you. However, I will say this. I'm saddened that you feel proud to drive a vehicle where 4,000 of the company's Black employees have filed a class action suit because they were constantly suffering racial harassment.
03:00 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Matt Cravets
A
I wrote that I take pride in not having bought a gallon of gas in 10 years, not specifically for driving a Tesla. Please don't twist my words around, especially with thinly-veiled accusations of being ok with racism. Thank you.
01:20 PM - Jan 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}