Ethical Atheist
A
thread 1/9
Perhaps my first real thread. Here we go.

I posted a pic the other day of making gummies.

@michigander requested a recipe.

I found this recipe at edibles.org, a site that no longer exists. Fortunately, I'd memorize the recipe by that point.
06:31 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 2/9
I fell in love with this recipe for its simplicity and the fact that the flavor and color comes from the same Kool-Aid packets that still cost $.40 that I was addicted to as a child.

Flavors this batch were Cherry, Peach-Mango and Fruit Punch.
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 3/9
Here are you ingredients.

23g gelatin
54g sugar
1 pack Kool-Aid flavor of choice
77g water
92g corn syrup
1/4 tsp citric acid or other mold inhibitor
1g Cannabis oil

This recipe makes appox. 100 gummies in my molds.

So if you have 80% oil, you will have 8mg gummies.

That's the feedback I get.
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 4/9
Blend the sugar and gelatin together. Add the Kool-Aid packet to the water and stir.

Slowly pour the sugar/gelatin mixture into the water. The goal is to avoid any gelatin blobs.

Let stand for 5 minutes. Do not stir.

Microwave for 30 secs. Stir and reheat for 8-10 secs.
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 5/9
If you happen to see any gelatin balls floating on the top, remove them.

Probably should have mentioned this earlier but the best vessel for this project is a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup.

It's spout (see what I did there?) makes it easy to fill the squeeze bottle you will use to fill the molds.
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 6/9
So now you fill your squeeze bottle (see how fun this is?) and squeeze the gel into the molds.

Don't overfill them. I stack them and put the in the fridge to help them set before removing them and if you fill them too much the trays stick and it makes a mess.
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 7/9
So now it's time to wait. And perhaps make sure you buzz is topped off for the next step?
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 8/9
Once the gelatin has had time to set, it's time to free the gummies and begin the curing process.

I use a cookie sheet and parchment paper then sprinkle a bit of corn starch on it to keep them from sticking. The corn starch also help absorb some moisture and help with the curing process.
Ethical Atheist
A
thread 9/9
Depending on your humidity and other conditions, they should be ready for longer term storage in a few days. They keep for a long time in the fridge/freezer.

These are the mold I use. I don't want anyone to accuse me of not being honest.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to Ethical Atheist.
Educational!
10:58 AM - Feb 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}