Mary Cole
A
Absolutely true! My public library subscribes to Ancestry.com, too. By all means, see what your library can offer you. It ain't all books! 😂
Cheryl Hirschi @CEHirschi
Retired librarian here! If you’re frustrated by news source paywalls check your public library website to see if the library subscribes & offers it FREE to all registered borrowers. My public library subscribes to NYT & WSJ. Just one of the many perks of having a library card.
01:55 PM - Apr 19, 2023
03:38 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to Mary Cole.
I looked, and they have Ancestry, but you can only access it in the library. Not good for me, alas.
06:24 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Mary Cole
A
I understand. I go to the library to pick things up or drop them off. I did try the Ancestry thing once, but it does require a commitment to sit at the library for a while! 😉 😆
In response to Michiru.
09:47 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to Mary Cole.
And in pre covid days, I likely would. I occasionally think of getting the dna test kit (but not 23&me, no no no!)
10:13 AM - Jan 30, 2024
Mary Cole
A
In response to Michiru.
I agree. No 23&me. But it's interesting to try to go back beyond the parents and grandparents I knew. Fortunately I at least knew the countries ancestors came from, which helped! Ancestry lets you trace back from people you identify. 😊
11:18 AM - Jan 30, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}