MEAction NOW
A
thread 1/7
Dana Parrish:
The entire staff where I get my hair 💇🏻‍♀️ cut has been sick w COVID over the last 2 weeks & told me they’re too financially strapped to stay home from work to recover. They have “no security or protection." 🆘🆘🆘
06:51 AM - Jan 30, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 2/7
One said she only made $250 in last paycheck bc she was too ill to see clients for several days & will struggle to pay rent. (“I can’t be coughing in my client’s faces!”)

Several already have LC, & one told me her friend who’s 37 is hospitalized bc of LongCovid lung damage & needs oxygen 24/7. 🆘
MEAction NOW
A
thread 3/7
They all expressed concern abt how they feel (new fatigue, constantly sick, concentration issues, insomnia) & how/ why they keep getting sick. They are all under 33 w no prior chronic diseases.

They were wearing surgical masks (not v protective). 🆘

One felt feverish/ dizzy & left early 😭.
MEAction NOW
A
thread 4/7
I was wearing an N95 which invited q’s abt how to protect themselves and where this is all going.

None knew there was early Rx avail bc none have ever been offered it by their MDs. Most stopped testing bc it’s too expensive & “what’s the point, what can we do?
MEAction NOW
A
thread 5/7
They knew this recent wave of illness was COVID after one went to MD who tested her. She was not offered Rx. 🆘

None knew that surgical masks don’t work well. All were willing to upgrade & were appreciative of the info. They do not want to keep getting sick!
MEAction NOW
A
thread 6/7
They were unaware of the most basic infection prevention measures & lamented that PH messaging has been so dishonest. “They need to send an update of REAL INFO to all of our cell phones so we know what to do!”

It is devastating to see all this collateral damage.
MEAction NOW
A
thread 7/7
It was encouraging to see that some DO actually care and are hungry for trustworthy info.

WHAT ARE WE DOING?? 🆘🆘🆘

Can anyone answer that??

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}