Keith Pottratz
A
thread 1/5
It’s not just this though. Having a robust security policy for yourself can be effective as well. Set up 2 factor authentication using something like Authy and having a password manager can save your account information and secure your passwords and accounts more effectively.
‎? ࣪ ౨ৎ tearzah/stelle ໒꒱ @bugsinricepudding
guys. your info is at risk EVERYWHERE and can be breached ANYWHERE. if you make an account somewhere your account is already at risk on that platform. spoutible is just considered more at risk and more suspicious because its so new and wasnt popular until literwlly like 2 days ago. echo this.
01:36 PM - Jul 03, 2023
12:27 PM - Jan 31, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
thread 2/5
On top of that don’t rely on security codes sent to your email or phone alone as these methods can be intercepted and are not considered to be good security. But it’s not just this. You are your own best security. Don’t fall for spam emails or phishing attempts to steal your information.
12:32 PM - Jan 31, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
thread 3/5
If you see emails from your financial institution or even Facebook. Go online to those sites and verify. Don’t click the link. It may look legit but it’s possible it’s not.

Don’t reuse old passwords and if you find out an account of yours has been breached change the password immediately
12:33 PM - Jan 31, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
thread 4/5
If you want to maintain your anonymity online sign up for an email account at a place that doesn’t store your information such as protonmail.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk
#onlinesecurity #protectyourself #cybersecurity
12:35 PM - Jan 31, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
thread 5/5
To clarify on codes to devices. It is consider less than secure because the code can be intercepted and if your email address is already compromised they can get those one time login codes. I do use it because some websites require it but I use it in conjunction with 2FA apps and other resources.
01:27 PM - Feb 05, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}