DB Gives
A
But there's no racism or anything.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/0...
03:51 PM - Jan 31, 2024
Mai Cherry
A
In response to DB Gives.
Racism alive and well. Happy Black History month.

😓
03:17 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Angela Sardoni
A
In response to DB Gives.
Beautiful couple!!!!!
Shawn Harris @ShawnForGeorgia
We just had our official retirement ceremony.

I say "our" because, while I get the ribbons, my wife has been there through every assignment, standing right next to me and keeping our family strong.

Thank you, Karla, for everything you do. I can't wait for our next adventure. ❤️
08:00 PM - Jan 31, 2024
06:04 PM - Feb 01, 2024
chil mott
A
In response to DB Gives.
Seems like a good opportunity for MLB to step up and defend its icon and this community.
12:59 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Eltee Ryan
A
In response to DB Gives.
I've been following this story since it broke, SO SO angry about it. The disrespect is flat out disgusting. I practically cried when I got to the part about the trash can. Been a 42 fan since I was a teenager.
12:38 PM - Feb 01, 2024
True-Blue Spoutonian
A
In response to DB Gives.
Nothing like a good old fashioned reminder of the BS Black athletes experience with bigotry and racism and violence, then and now.
12:36 PM - Feb 01, 2024
DB Gives
A
In response to True-Blue Spoutonian.
Can you imagine how DEDICATED to hatred someone would have to be to plot to saw a bronze statue off, load it into a truck, drive it away, break it into parts then burn the pieces? It's not trivial. It's psychotic.
12:46 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Mary Cole
A
In response to DB Gives.
This whole story makes me ill. The statue wasn't more than a couple years old (my understanding), so maybe it would be possible to recreate it. I suspect lots of people would contribute to that effort. Then, like the Mona Lisa, surround it with protective shields. 😠
04:14 PM - Jan 31, 2024
DB Gives
A
In response to Mary Cole.
The article states that the artist has a mold for it and so it is going to be re-created. The statue is worth about $75K though, and the little league team will not have their hero on the field with them this year. People make me so sick.
06:37 PM - Jan 31, 2024
Marie Jamison
A
In response to DB Gives.
The unhinged irrational hatred of black people in this country is exasperating. I truly hope the culprits are exposed. They should be made to pay for the replacement.
04:04 PM - Jan 31, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}