Edmund
A
If it weren't for tea, many mans would be defenestrated. Figuratively speaking, of course.
01:45 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
In response to Edmund.
I love the fact you used this word. Not a lot of people know what defenestration is
01:51 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Edmund
A
In response to Keith Pottratz.
Thank you, that's the beauty of language, and something I would like to see more of in English. Let's make space for this brilliant word! :)
02:15 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
In response to Edmund.
I absolutely agree! I work with a lot of younger kids and they use English slang and I struggle a lot with it lol
02:15 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Edmund
A
Slang is beautiful to me, I 'm a writer and I love off-usage. I look at slang as a way to connect and build rapport, seem less stuffy. In my post I said "Many mans" which is totally improper, but it's charming and endearing to certain people I try to reach. :)
02:17 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
In response to Edmund.
I didn’t even notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. And that’s a different perspective I didn’t even consider.
02:18 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Edmund
A
That's Spoutible for ya. Zora Neale Hurston's, Their Eyes were Watching God, will get you past any resistance. I wanted to put that book down but I hear my grandmother's southern drawl in it, and it was a deeply enriching book. Check it out if you haven't already. It requires a flexible ear.
02:21 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Keith Pottratz
A
I have not I will have to pick that up thank you for the recommendation!
In response to Edmund.
02:23 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Edmund
A
Cool, a short read. Let me know your thoughts if you do.
02:41 AM - Feb 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}