Alberto Pastor
A
About the topic of people with 0 spouts, more or less engagement, etc., I respect everybody's way of doing social media, spouting more or less, echoing more or less, engaging more or less. Please let people be theirselves, don't judge anyone, do your own thing, but be kind 💚 #Spoutible #kind
04:16 AM - Mar 09, 2023 (Edited)
Misha Van Mollusq
A
In response to Alberto Pastor.
The vast majority on social media are lurkers .
This goes back to the BBS daze.
So it goes
09:09 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Ale Am
A
#ComeAsYouAre For many people there is also to consider that English is not their language or at best it is their second language.Yes they could express themselves in their own language but it seems in most social sites English dominates the scene,so they would end up feeling even more marginalized
10:46 AM - Mar 10, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Ale Am.
Thank you @albertopastor
You are making a great interesting and inspiring contribution here with your spouts, meaningful and stimulant 🐳 💙
11:25 AM - Mar 10, 2023
Adelina Daniela
A
And some people, like me, are more introverted and/or shy 🤷‍♀️
04:22 AM - Mar 10, 2023
CT Marie
A
Social media in whatever way makes you happy. i don’t want this to be an extension of work. Some people can get a bit intense and obsessed but that’s how they enjoy it i guess.
03:00 AM - Mar 10, 2023
EMJAYESS
A
You can see their likes, echos, and spouts and I check it all. However, with fake accounts already popping up on here, I won't follow back unless they have some activity I can use to vet them. FYI: I found this spout by vetting you! So, I really do curate my timeline with good people!
11:00 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Anne Worner
A
0 spouts doesn't mean 0 engagement. Unfortunately, replies for instance, do not count as spouts.
05:26 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
I'm not aware of anyone being unkind. I don't follow people who don't have bios or spouts because why would I? I have no idea who they are.
03:36 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Lynn From_OK
A
It's not a matter of judging people. When you tap the explore button then the people tab all you see are people with 0 spouts which that's fine if they don't want to spout but I want to somehow see the profiles of people who have at least several spouts.
03:34 PM - Mar 09, 2023
⚜️Karyl Towers⚜️
B
I'm so in the habit of just liking or echoing (retweeting), or commenting. I have original thoughts but usually someone else posts the same idea so no need in being repetitive. 🐳
03:26 PM - Mar 09, 2023
WhatYewPineFir
A
In response to ⚜️Karyl Towers⚜️.
That's how I feel about it, too.🐳
07:17 AM - Mar 10, 2023
Kathleen Swain
A
0 spouts could also mean they’ve joined but aren’t yet active. I never became active on Mastodon when I joined because Spoutible became available and because many Twitter accounts I follow have not left.
11:41 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Anne King
A
Yes. I understand people want to explain how analytics work but it feels like homework to see “engage a lot to help the platform!”. People should do what’s best for their schedule & mental health
11:13 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Marilu Dempsey
A
Added to the list of things other people do (or don't do) that have no effect on anyone else.
10:39 AM - Mar 09, 2023 (Edited)
Michele C.
A
I'm just here for my own amusement and edification, not to rack up high numbers of followers. Some days I check in frequently, some days I don't come here at all. If people choose to follow me (or not) based on my frequency of posting spouts, it's honestly not my concern.
10:30 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Ground Control
A
Sure, I can get with that. Such judgements are what drove so many from the dead bird app, after all. Still, I do believe in being careful.
10:10 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Lynn Thurston
A
Don’t be too quick to judge why others may not be participating much here. On certain tablets, there still appears to not be a path to a style sheet so the display appears with NO CSS and the buttons are cut off on the right of screen, so I can do nothing to participate even though I would love to.
09:35 AM - Mar 09, 2023
hal
A
When I was on Twitter I'd set up filters so I wouldn't see most posts about follow counts, follow-backs, post counts, etc. Very tedious.
08:45 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Julie Main
A
I find this SM quite diversified and interesting. However, I follow back only people who do spout or echo to get an idea of their interest. At the beginning I followed a few people, then unfollowed some because their spout were about US politics and I am Canadian.
08:31 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
Agree 100% there's absolutely no reason people cannot just read, think about the environment many just came from.. Every reply might be fine, or might be a huge fucking pile on.. It's not fun, and I get people being trepidatious at first.
07:40 AM - Mar 09, 2023
JustAnotherGail
A
I rarely posted over there unless it was something to do with #TeamPete . I find that I’m much more comfortable here and can post some of my beginner painting and photography without fear of being ridiculed.
07:25 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Squid Sandwich
A
Well said! Everyone is different. And some of us like me are wildly inconsistent. Some days I will spout multiple times about heavy stuff and then nothing for days until I come back with some brilliant insight like "Oatmeal raisin cookies are better than chocolate chip" JK oatmeal raisin are crap.
07:24 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Wowie K
A
In response to Squid Sandwich.
Have you ever tried butterscotch oatmeal cookies? To die for! Unless you don't like butterscotch. Lol
08:42 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Lisa Moorman
A
Thanks! I am still figuring it out over here.
07:13 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Diane Knows
A
💯
06:48 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Ms. Gen
A
Also, if you reply a lot, it does not change your spout count. But that should not diminish your contribution to the platform.,
Also, Ive adopted the role of welcoming others to Spoutible. I try to respond to everyone who mentions this is their first spout. We all have a role to play.
06:48 AM - Mar 09, 2023 (Edited)
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
Just so everyone knows I came in, in the first wave in February and I was only allowed to Spout in March. I am in Zimbabwe and I wrote emails and friends sent my complaint on my behalf here multiple times. I don't know about all the other countries.
I could follow/be followed only.
06:20 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
06:11 AM - Mar 09, 2023
DirtyRottenDog
A
I absolutely agree. I know many people signed up early just to make sure they reserved their screen name and are riding out Twitter until they can't take anymore or it folds. Also, some are waiting on friends to join or new features to be added. To each their own. This will grow organically.🤷🏼‍♂️
04:38 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Kelli R
A
Well said! 😊
04:35 AM - Mar 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}