Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
The numbers are probably higher than that. I know people who have symptoms of long-COVID but blame the vax and won't seek treatment. I've heard a few hair-raising stories of patients who's docs didn't "believe in" the disease at all.
MonzaMayhem @MonzaMayhem
Long Covid by state. The lowest quintile is 16.5%!
02:51 AM - Feb 02, 2024
05:24 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Bad Hombre Resistor
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
It's interesting how many versions of maps of the US (poverty, life expectancy, state GDP, quality of life, etc) mirror the political breakdown of the states as well. Red states are invariably on the worse end of it. Add this one to the list.
11:16 AM - Feb 02, 2024
MonzaMayhem
A
100%. The numbers are most likely higher as I believe this is diagnosed cases. So many are not getting diagnosed, particularly kids. It's challenging to find a doctor who understands Long Covid and the Long Covid clinics have large waits.
07:05 AM - Feb 02, 2024
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
Kids would be more difficult. How can a younger child verbalize before and after symptom wise? Parents can, but the younger the child, the harder it is all around.
07:08 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Katie E
A
Gonna be hard for me to tell since I'm having major surgery next month, will be on pain meds a while
05:40 AM - Feb 02, 2024
A
In response to Katie E.
Ohh. You probably won't notice, which isn't necessarily bad. I hope it goes well, and you recover quickly! Keep us updated!
05:44 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Katie E
A
I have some symptoms of long covid, but my doc said to wait 6 months before getting too upset
05:32 AM - Feb 02, 2024
A
In response to Katie E.
That's fair. The vast majority do recover in that amount of time. But if your symptoms worsen, don't wait out the six months.
05:36 AM - Feb 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}