Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/5
I read a piece this morning that talked about the real implications of this story. Sorry, no link because I couldn't find it again. I need to get better with bookmarking.

But his take was that RNC low funds right now is devastating beyond the story. Most "low funds" years in the past have come
A. Parker @AParker
We are watching the end of a major political party in real time. And, they have no one to blame but themselves.

"New numbers released by the Federal Elections Commission show the RNC had just $8 million cash on hand at the end of 2023 after the lowest fundraising year since 2013."
02:46 PM - Feb 01, 2024
01:18 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/5
right on the tail of a midterm election, not going into a prez election year. So the funds are low.

The big problem is that the prospects for fundraising in 2024 are really dismal. Big donors are abandoning the GOP. They view MAGA, abortion, and hardcore anti immigration as non starters. Add
01:20 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/5
in what the article talks about in terms of TFG intercepting the vast bulk of small donor dollars, and the coffers look to remain bare.

This guy says that has massive implications at the state and local level for the GOP. Normally, the RNC is active at the state and below level. They'll swoop in
01:22 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 4/5
with 5 figure donations to prop up flagging GOP campaigns in winnable districts. The true power of the GOP over the past 20 years has been their dominance at the state and local level. That support may not happen in 2024.

Bottom line is we don't know how bad it will get for the GOP, but it could
01:23 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 5/5
be very bad and it also speaks to the importance for dems to not let any district race go unopposed this year. I don't want to read too much into this, but the GOP could be exceptionally vulnerable in state races in 2024. /fin
01:24 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to A. Parker.
It's so uncharted. I've thought we were on the verge of the destruction of the GOP before. It's hard to have any confidence, but yes, the indicators are positive.
01:42 PM - Feb 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}