Robyn Stewart
A
Good morning.
If you are discounting folks who live in “red” states, remember:
Ohio was forced to vote according to congressional maps ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Nothing is as simple as you think it is.

-signed, An Ohio Democrat.💙
10:33 AM - Mar 09, 2023
TerryLeo
B
In response to Robyn Stewart.
My state (PA.) is gerrymandered and Democrats continue to make gains anyway. It can be done. Good luck Ohio.
11:36 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
The best way to avoid others discounting them is for OH voters to show they warrant being not-discounted.
11:09 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Myke
A
As a lifelong resident of (a red part of) PA, OH, NC, and now FL, I feel you.
10:57 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
Well said.
I'm a Democrat in Georgia.
I was looking at some of the voting numbers from the last election in various areas and I was dismayed by how low the voter turnout was.
I wrote this on Post:
https://post.news/@/americ...
10:56 AM - Mar 09, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
In response to Steve Herzfeld.
For those saying "disenfranchisement" every time this is brought up... If they disenfranchised 25% of the eligible voters, that would leave over 4.7m people who didn't vote that COULD HAVE voted.

17.1m eligible voters *. 75 = 12.825m
12.825m-8.1m voters = 4.7m.

/voter in every election in Aus
11:52 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Josol
A
In response to Steve Herzfeld.
I live in Florida. The number of Dems & Independents combined is more than Republicans here. Independents lean Dem. but we still lose. Why? Apathy in addition to all the voter suppression & gerrymandering. We need to be registering new young voters and motivating apathetic ones. Where is the DNC!
08:32 AM - Mar 15, 2023 (Edited)
Portia McGonagal
A
Co-signed, an Arizona Democrat. We may have elected Dems Governor, AG SoS, Senators, but our state legislature is GOP dominated and they continue to wreak havoc and hold us hostage to stupidity. Our national and state legislators are in direct opposition.
10:43 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Scott Staszak
A
I agree with you as far as house and local races, but there is no gerrymandering for Senate races. How in the world could that many people vote for JD Vance over Tim Ryan. I feel for you Ohio. #VoteBlue
10:41 AM - Mar 09, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Katharyn B
A
Do you see any HOPE for OHIO? Even friends not prone to conspiracy theories were alarmed by the derailment, and Trump visiting Ohio while Biden was in Ukraine.
10:41 AM - Mar 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}