Charles Gaba
A
🎉 To commemorate confirmed rapist Donald Trump having to pay $83 MILLION for defaming E. Jean Carroll, how about chipping in $83 (or $8.30) to help re-elect President Biden & flip the House blue? #Blue24

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/houseblue24?refcode=gabaspout
09:54 AM - Feb 03, 2024
The Eternal Atheist
A
In response to Charles Gaba.
I've donated through ActBlue, but now I'm receiving 5-10 text requests a day asking for more money from every Tom, Dick, and Harry running for office. If anyone knows how to turn this off other than repeatedly replying STOP let me know!
10:27 AM - Feb 03, 2024
Charles Gaba
A
Understood, and I sympathize. All of my ActBlue pages include an option during the checkout process to opt out of sharing your contact info with the campaigns, but that won't help if you're already on the lists via other means.
In response to The Eternal Atheist.
03:37 PM - Feb 03, 2024
The Eternal Atheist
A
I always try to uncheck those kinds of boxes, but I think I only would have had to miss that one time for this to happen.
05:14 PM - Feb 03, 2024
WestCoaster
A
Thanks for pointing out that at least some of the onslaught can be avoided. I spent so much time "unsubscribing" from the endless campaign emails: "[My first name], I humbly beg you to send more money right now or disaster will ensue!" I became reluctant to contribute just because of that.
03:46 PM - Feb 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}