Wendy W
A
My Quaker and Moravian ancestors fled religious persecution to come here before the Revolutionary War. Separation of Church and State is important to me. Johnson is p!ssing me off.
Yvette @YvetteJacqR
I find this offensive. I personally would like to see all this religious nonsense REMOVED from Congress. Whatever happened to SEPARATION of CHURCH & STATE? I don’t care what religion people in Congress are. They can observe their religion on their own time. Stop PRAYING. START WORKING! 🤬☮️
12:44 PM - Feb 01, 2024
04:47 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Wendy W.
Granted, there’s *always* been a daily prayer at the opening. It’s usually lead by the Senate or Congressional Chaplin, respectively. It’s not usually lead by a visiting quack.

Church and State was designed to keep the state from forcing a specific religion on the population. 1/2
06:40 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Geannie Bastian.
Not to enforce atheism amongst the members of government.

For what it’s worth, the Senate Chaplain reminding them of their actual duty from time to time? Some of my favorite moments.
Senate chaplain says lawmakers must "move beyond thoughts and prayers" - YouTube

Senate Chaplain Barry C. Black delivered a pointed opening prayer on Tuesday, taking aim at lawmakers after a deadly Nashville school shooting that left six ...

06:46 AM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}