Jonathan Meyers
A
This looks really intriguing: two veterans of great HBO series (Succession & Boardwalk Empire) star in a historical drama produced by creators of #gameofthrones :

https://www.hollywoodrepor...
12:18 PM - Feb 04, 2024
kyrssy #2024 #YearOfConvictions
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
After the last season of GoT, I’m not sure I trust Benioff and Weiss, no matter how good the actors are.
12:19 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to kyrssy #2024 #YearOfConvictions.
Benioff and Weiss brought A Song of Ice and Fire to the conclusion that George Martin presented them in 2013. The last season was heartbreaking, but that was by design-- Martin loves tragedy. Weiss & Benioff got blamed for the story's end, but it was Martin's ending they told, not theirs.
12:23 PM - Feb 04, 2024
A
I do understand Martin gave them the main jist of the ending, but they took that main jist and put together a haphazard, uneven, not earned emotional ending. I believe they threw it together to move on to their next project. They could’ve & should’ve done better. IMHO
01:17 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
I know a lot of people have said this, but I disagree. Season 8 was 18 months in the making after 10 years of production on the series-- it originally was planned for about 75 hours (1 season per book) and they delivered an epic but tragic conclusion.
01:21 PM - Feb 04, 2024
A
I totally respect your opinion and I have mine which is different. I have rewatched several times and my opinion stays the same. Your mileage definitely varies. We can still be friends though ;-)
02:06 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
😃 That's why this is Spoutible rather than Twitter where every difference of opinion turns into a rancor & insults, even with pop-culture. The Game of Thrones rage on there was insane. I had some people who were super-fans (& writers) like me though-- about the only thing I miss on Twitter.
02:19 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
I am writing a piece about The Iliad and Game of Thrones and I post other GOT news etc-- if you are still interested in this sort of thing, I can @ you for GOT posts.
02:22 PM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}