RA
A
Do yourself a favor and check your email address on https://haveibeenpwned.com...

Guaranteed Spoutible is only the most recent data breach you were caught up in. Mine had 5 others.

Use random generated passwords and 2FA. No one is safe online anymore. We have to change our behaviors to accordingly.
11:03 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Sweet Andrej
A
In response to RA.
I just checked I only have one breach and that is unfortunately spoutible 🥲 Hope Cbouzy finds the culprit and gets him arrested
11:07 AM - Feb 05, 2024
RA
A
In response to Sweet Andrej.
Maybe because you're in Germany? Lucky, anyway.
11:09 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Sweet Andrej
A
In response to RA.
Yes I think it could be because of my location. But there are breaches in Germany too- However with the GDPR act in Europe protecting personal info is very serious and maybe that is why less breaches. Not an expert in the field, just guessing 🤔
11:11 AM - Feb 05, 2024
RA
A
Most of the breaches in the US have been insurance companies, small banks, city offices, etc. Companies that are big enough to have people's financial info, but not big enough to really keep up with the technology.
11:14 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Sweet Andrej
A
In response to RA.
I suppose breaching financial info is much more serious than email/phone numbers. I just really dont want my comments and views that I make in the safety of Spoutible get published and used against me. Hope thats not the case
11:19 AM - Feb 05, 2024
RA
A
That isn't the info that was breached. It was logins and name and phone number. As long as you changed your password before they were able to login as you and take over your account, no one will see your comments...except that they are public by default on the site. 😅
11:21 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Sweet Andrej
A
In response to RA.
Thanks sorry for my dumb questions🥲
11:32 AM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}