Tim Graf
A
thread 1/2
I have a question that I'm hoping someone on here with a lot more knowledge can help me with, so if you read this and you don't know the answer, I would appreciate it if you could echo it to maybe get it to someone who does know. If the House rule is that one person can call for removal of the
05:15 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Tim Graf
A
thread 2/2
speaker, does that only apply to the majority members, i.e., the R members, or can anyone call for it?
05:15 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Lightstar (I Follow Back)
A
Well, the main reason would be that they would lose the vote. But the Republicans would say it was political and say that is all Democrats are interested in, not that we want something done. Maybe if people see Republicans do nothing they may vote Democrat to get something done.
In response to Tim Graf.
05:24 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Tim Graf
A
In response to Lightstar (I Follow Back).
Fair enough. I believe the Senate has a (difficult but do-able) path by which legislation can be forced to the floor. Does the House not have something similar, or is it hostage to the Speaker?
05:26 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Lightstar (I Follow Back)
A
In response to Tim Graf.
I think we are pretty much hostage. Remember at the start of this Congress the Democrats ALWAYS stood together and it took over a dozen votes before a speaker was chosen.
05:28 PM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}