My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 1/5
I was applying for this job, and I hit it off immediately with the person who would have been my immediate supervisor. We were both excited. She set me up with the other interviews that'd need to happen before extending an offer. 🧵
Remo @Remoman
I know nothing of her issue but I fully support her. Evangelicals said Catholic Kennedy could not be president. Jon Voight's politics suck but he is a fair actor. Personally, I do not ask my world-famous cardiologist his politics, nor he mine.
Beliefs and abilities must be kept separate.
09:57 AM - Feb 07, 2024
11:31 AM - Feb 07, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 2/5
One person was the leader of an adjacent, co-working team who arrived 15 minutes into the scheduled interview time, harassed me with gotcha-style questions, and was grouchy. I began to wonder what I was walking into. However, assurances from the first interviewer and a fair offer assuaged my fears.
11:34 AM - Feb 07, 2024 (Edited)
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 3/5
Not long after I started, this person tried to embarrass me in a meeting with others. Over time, they made misogynistic remarks, and it became clear to me that they held political beliefs that made them naturally antagonistic to Black women.
11:37 AM - Feb 07, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 4/5
WE NEVER DISCUSSED POLITICS OR RELIGION.

I just knew.

They'd been getting away with wayward, inflammatory remarks and rude behavior for years, apparently. They were finally fired, eventually.

What a relief it was to have them gone.
11:39 AM - Feb 07, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 5/5
Beliefs can't be isolated in a jar, away from your abilities and interactions with others. We bring them to everything we do. When we think we're keeping them to ourselves, we're not. People feel it. We even talk about the a-holes. We report them to HR until something sticks.
11:42 AM - Feb 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}