Helen Something
A
08:50 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Helen Something.
I hope someone convinces them to come to Spoutible. I'm relieved that it looks like metformin will reduce the cases of long covid. I can't wait for studies with paxlovid and metformin together. I hope everyone will mask up and remember to use hand sanitizer. It ain't over 'til it's over.
09:03 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Helen Something
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
This is why I"m still on twitter. I'm deeply immersed in the #MedTwitter community, also scientists and epidemiologist studying COVID. I got LC from my infection in 3/2020 & pretty much on my own...
09:07 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
I'm sorry. Has it improved at all, or getting worse, or just staying the same. I hope they figure out a way to stop long covid--before it happens, yes, but to improve it if you do have it.
09:09 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Helen Something
A
Well, it was showing improvement for a while, then I pushed myself too hard when I worked out by picking up a 5lb weight (I use to do heavier weights), and then relapsed. It's a delicate dance, when u have LC. Everyday is "tread w caution". It gets tiresome but gotta continue day by day.
09:12 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
Oh no! Does that mean you need to start with a 1lb weight and work your way up? I read some time ago that the UK were setting up long COVID clinics. Since the Tories have cut funding severely with the NHS, I don't know if they still are. I wonder if share the info they've collected.
09:42 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Helen Something
A
I can't do any right now. Just decided to take a couple of weeks off from working out. My inflammation is roaring back and I can't seem to control it this time. So even 1lb is too much. LC sucks
07:42 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
I am sorry. I've read that Tumeric is good for inflammation. Something that I think is proven. Have you tried that?
07:44 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Helen Something
A
I am. I eat a very healthy diet, but my sleep has been a bit wacky. So I need to work on that. My kids' school means I wake up at 5am everyday so I need to get my butt to bed at a reasonable time.
07:54 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
It's hard when you kids to take care of, too. Remember to take care of yourself first, or you won't be able to take care of them.
08:03 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Helen Something
A
you're very kind. Thank you.
08:15 PM - Mar 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}