Say_it_straight
A
thread 1/3
This is also something I've been paying close attention to for years, so yes, in hopes there are others who also have been concerned about this too.
02:57 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Say_it_straight
A
thread 2/3
I've always been opposed to uranium mining knowing only too well about the after effects of exposure to radiation, water contamination, land contamination and more. These mines need be closed, period.
Say_it_straight
A
thread 3/3
I have to wonder if there is something similar in places like AZ where uranium mining has also negatively affected communities.
Crotchity Geezer
A
Animus River in Co was polluted from mine tailings left behind in spite of commitments to clean up by uranium mining companies. Also read about Gunnison River pollution and Crested Butte water supply issues.
In response to Say_it_straight.
03:07 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Say_it_straight
A
In response to Crotchity Geezer.
Unfortunately this kind of thing is a given. W/fossil fuel companies lying for decades about the effects even climate change bc of their "product" so it really doesn't surprise me. I think too about other disasters from mining, like gold mining, like the Gold King Mine waste water spill in 2015.
03:13 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Crotchity Geezer
A
In response to Say_it_straight.
Exactly! Accountability is a joke! One of my favorite books trying to hold these companies accountable …
03:22 PM - Feb 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}