Shmarya Rosenberg
A
Hamas proposes three-stage ceasefire over 135 days, leading to end of war

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-ceasefire-proposal-details-2024-02-07/
01:17 PM - Feb 07, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Shmarya Rosenberg.
And of course Bibi the Vulnerable can't have that.
01:26 PM - Feb 07, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
The truth is almost every Israeli would reject the Hamas proposal. Same for much of the EU, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and even the US because it leaves Hamas in power.
06:38 PM - Feb 07, 2024
Lawrence Carico
A
more genocide it is then! I see many israelis are anxious to begin occupying gaza too.
06:44 PM - Feb 07, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
In response to Lawrence Carico.
I doubt you could correctly define genocide without looking it up, let alone accurately explain how international law works.
01:24 AM - Feb 08, 2024
Lawrence Carico
A
Exposing colonialism and murdering innocent babies in order to steal their land while wrapping it in such transparent bullshit cover doesn't require one to be looking down one's nose at others with whom we don't like what they reveal.
07:43 AM - Feb 08, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
You haven’t revealed anything. As I said earlier, you don’t have any idea what the legal definition of genocide is or how international law works. I doubt you know the difference between war crime and genocide or that Hamas has committed literally tens of thousands of war crimes in this war.…1/
08:24 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
…The flip side of this is you seem to genuinely care about the loss of noncombatant lives in Gaza, especially children, and that’s important. Israel has to do as much as reasonably possible to protect civilian lives and minimize casualties. There’s a type of formula for this called a…2/
08:32 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
…The noncombatant to combatant death toll is about 2.7 to 1. The UN says (incorrectly, BTW) in modern urban warfare the ratio is about 9 to 1. (The real ratio is likely about 5.5 to 1.) After the war, when the data is in and checked, and related deaths are properly included, the Gaza ratio might…4/
08:44 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
…about 4 to 1 or even 5 to 1, less than the real norm and far less than the UN’s inflated 9 to 1. War is awful. Lots of civilians are killed. It’s possible for a 6 to 1 war not to be genocide. In fact it likely isn’t. But it’s also possible for a 2.5 to 1 to be genocide. Why? Because genocide…5/
08:51 PM - Feb 08, 2024 (Edited)
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
…requires legal proof of intent. Absent it, there won’t be a genocide conviction. Also, horrific strikes with mass civilian casualties may be legal. Put simply, if you have a strong military need to take that hill, but the only ways to do it involve either…6/
08:56 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
…massive damage and casualties to your army or a large number of civilian casualties, you’re allowed to choose the method that is most damaging to civilians. (There’s much nuance and detail I omitted here; it isn’t as cold/harsh irl.) IOW, civilian casualties don’t automatically equal genocide.…7/
09:03 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
…Is Israel committing genocide? We won’t know until all the evidence is in and evaluated. Is it doing the best possible under the circumstances to avoid civilian casualties? I have my doubts. Obviously Biden does, as well. I don’t think this bodes well for Israel in these court cases. We’ll see.8/8
09:10 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Lawrence Carico
A
Just one more question please. Are you paid to comment on social media regarding this? I know many people are and I would like to know if you are among them. Thanks.
07:15 PM - Feb 09, 2024 (Edited)
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
Nope. I’m not paid. I don’t work for anyone or coordinate with anyone.
12:54 AM - Feb 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}