Myra Faye Turner
A
When I was growing up I was called "fast" and chastised if I wore anything that brought attention to my developing body. Which was everything I wore.

What pisses me off to this day is no one called out the horny older men perving on me. In our society, young girls aren't protected from men.

(sigh)
12:09 PM - Feb 09, 2024 (Edited)

Only followers of this user (AriesWanderer) can see their posts

Nancy Martin
A
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
And if we accused, complained or protested we were told to stop making a big deal out of it
02:36 PM - Feb 10, 2024

Only followers of this user (AriesWanderer) can see their posts

Eddie Stewart
A
Dagburn freaks. The love of my life told me how she abused like this by pervy old men in the Church. If I were there I would have beat them like Samson with a jawbone! 😡😡😡
12:24 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Jacquelyn G.
A
Especially hypocritical because Jesus specifically told pervy old men who came to him asking about how a woman was dressed that they should rip their own dang eyes out if they couldn’t control themselves. Cherry-picking at its best. 🙄
10:39 AM - Feb 10, 2024
Debbie Lu
A
So many upsetting moments shared already. We had an uncle who was mentally retarded. It was a rite of passage to be told not to use the upstairs bathroom at grandma’s when we reached a certain age. My daughter looked like Jessica Rabbit @10. Her physical/emotional training started at home - early.
11:25 PM - Feb 09, 2024
ALIS ITLATOL
A
Yup. 💯 When I was growing up & we went to town wt males any age would yell jeers & racist sexist remarks. So I wondered if it was my clothes & decided to go to town in sack dress over jeans to totally hide my curves.
Didn't change a thing - they just racist sexist pervert predators.
09:22 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Marie Guenther
A
Funny, as I was driving home from work last night, I thought about how many times men, always men, offered me rides when I was walking to my first job at 15--and I was a late bloomer. Nasty mfers.
08:43 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Rebecca
A
They say that they’re taking away our freedoms to protect us, when it’s really to control us so that we won’t have any protection at all.
08:17 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I begin to gain weight, and binge eat, to take adult male attention away from my developing body. I was barely 11. I've struggled with my weight all of my life because of it. In that moment, food became my safety as well as my curse.
06:26 PM - Feb 09, 2024 (Edited)
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
The adults in our lives are supposed to be our safety net.
06:37 PM - Feb 09, 2024
MidWest Snark
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I also started making myself invisible at an early age after an incident at 9. Now I’m an old woman with bad knees because of a lifetime being overweight. No one protected me ever.
12:11 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
I developed early for my age. Grown men were calling me "a fox" and saying, "come see me when you're 16, baby" when I was 11. Same for my girlfriends, especially once they grew boobs. I was being molested, too--I spent my teens terrified of and *hating* men.
06:09 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
I'm sorry. These stories are so common. I really wish it wasn't so.
06:39 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Lisse (she/her)
A
That’s so true! “Fast tailed lit’ ol gal”! No words about the clothes manufacturers who made them like that, and no words about the men who made comments.

Just the young Women whose frames filled out the clothes a little too well.
03:57 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
so true
04:53 PM - Feb 09, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
Yessss! I can remember a time when I got dropped off for school by an Aunt, and some random grown man started talking to me. I completely ignored him. But, by the time I got home my Aunt made it into me being “fast” and wanted ME punished. She said NADA to the perve.
03:38 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
In middle school I was afraid to go to my neighborhood store alone because grown ass men used to hang out in an abandoned lot, drinking & smoking weed. I would walk on the other side of the street & they would still catcall me. Everyone knew my family so they knew how young I was.

Disgusting pigs.
04:18 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
I'd hear my mom's friends brag about how their girls were growing up and getting pretty, and next they'd run them down for wearing tight jeans or makeup. "I'm not raising any little whores!" If their girls complained about being bothered, it was b/c they "dressed like that." 🙄
06:16 PM - Feb 09, 2024
LaJuan Woodland
A
No, it hasn't change since before the Roman's and harrassment of women & girls goes on in every society on earth. Only in our beloved country are we calling out these pervs but have been trying to pass laws to address them. Put them in jail.
01:43 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Marie Jamison
A
OMG the stories I could tell...Nothing worse for a girl looking up to a father of friends as a paternal figure; only to have him ask me out once I reached college age 🤒... Had sleep overs at their house with his daughters. Went to church with his WIFE & daughters. Some men are the worst!🤮
12:57 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Marie Jamison.
We don't talk enough about our sexual trauma because I think subconsciously we believe it's our fault. I really hate that.
01:06 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
Though they shouldn't, stats like this alwqys blow my mind

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10227344/
12:40 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Zaya Rose ⛧.
sad
12:59 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Jo she/her Thompson
A
I hate that this is reality in our society.
12:37 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Jo she/her Thompson.
unfortunately
01:06 PM - Feb 09, 2024
TAE
A
It has never been fair or equal for women. Don't wear this, don't do that, DON'T DON'T DONT but men, sure, do what you want. Screw who you want. Only women are whores. Load of BS
12:36 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to TAE.
yes

(heavy sigh)
01:07 PM - Feb 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}