Salma Typhii
A
His administration negotiated one ceasefire. They are trying to negotiate a second with 2 parties (Hamas and Netanyahu Administration) that need violence to hold power, but you need him to say it? We are an unserious, petty people in the US sometimes
JR @jrin4d
Why does talking have to be symbolic fluff? You just made the point his Secretary of State is talking. Should I take that as symbolic fluff? His words matter. I’m not saying he’s a bad leader. I don’t have to love everything he does. I can want better from our government leaders.
01:44 PM - Feb 09, 2024
01:50 PM - Feb 09, 2024
JR
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I’m looking for more progressiveness than what I feel I’m getting from Biden. That’s my issue. I’m not trying to convince anyone he is terrible, and you don’t have to convince me he’s the best president ever. We can disagree, vote blue, and be just fine.
01:56 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to JR.
I hear ya! It is just you are yelling at him for things he can't control because Congress is an equal power that is currently completely sabotaged by the GOP. Your anger should be pointed at the real target. If we yeet these GOP fucks out of power and get nothing THEN point your finger at Biden
02:00 PM - Feb 09, 2024
JR
A
Thanks for the link! I live in a red state that’s right up there with their disinterest to do anything to be a part of the solution. It’s frustrating. I appreciate your passion! You’ve given me more to think on.
02:04 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to JR.
Things started changing in AZ with winning an election protection SCOTUS case in 2013 because Indigenous voters were being turned away. Groups like this helped gather the evidence. Maybe you can do it in your area too?
https://allvotingislocal.org/
02:15 PM - Feb 09, 2024
JR
A
Voting rights are atrocious here in Texas. I’d love to be a part of the process to help change that.
02:16 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to JR.
It is an awesome! I was assigned as a poll assistant/site monitor and helped folks make sure they had the right ID out in the parking lot and if people got turned away/given provisional ballots (AZ thing) I gathered the information and gave them a referral. I'm doing it again because AZ 😁
02:20 PM - Feb 09, 2024
JR
A
AZ strikes me as a state where we don’t want to let our foot off the gas. Just my outsider perspective. Thank you for putting in the work!
02:24 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to JR.
And luckily we are! We have freaking INCREDIBLE young Democrats in the pipeline. Folks that volunteered for Obama in 2008 who are in office now like my soon to be new rep (Gallego, my current Rep, is going to be my new Senator) IMO TX will be here in 1-2 election cycles or close 🤞🏻
02:30 PM - Feb 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}