Michael-McCloud T
A
thread 1/6
Today marks sixty years.

February 9, 1964. On the night before my birthday, my family (Mom, Dad, my two sisters, my two brothers , and me), gathered in the family room for The Ed Sullivan Show, as we did every Sunday.
09:20 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Michael-McCloud T
A
thread 2/6
This night would be special: my "four lads from Liverpool" were on for the first time, on the black-and-white stage of our RCA console television with the wicker doors. It is not an exaggeration to say that The #Beatles changed my life.
09:22 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Michael-McCloud T
A
thread 3/6
I was a kid who barely had two digits in my age, but they opened my eyes to a world beyond my neighborhood, music that ranged from three chord pop to classical and Indian, fashion and culture and boys with hair as long as mine.
09:24 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Michael-McCloud T
A
thread 4/6
Even though I was from a music loving family and had been exposed to, and enjoyed, many kinds of music, The Beatles were the catalyst to my serious adventure of exploring all the great music of the world. I grew up singing, and just this afternoon I played my guitar.
09:25 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Michael-McCloud T
A
thread 5/6
The first album I bought was "Meet the Beatles" - and I still have it. I still remember those heady times when the world was full of possibility and all I needed was love. And I still love you (yeah, yeah, yeah), John, Paul, George and Ringo. Thanks, lads.
09:26 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Li Milla4
A
In response to Michael-McCloud T.
Happy Birthday to you!! 🙂💙
09:32 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Michael-McCloud T
A
In response to Li Milla4.
Thanks so much! I will always remember the year I got The Beatles for my birthday. ❤️
09:33 PM - Feb 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}