El Pepo
A
All the #gqp policies are bad for the US.

Immigration to Boost US GDP by $7 Trillion Over Decade, CBO Says https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-02-08/immigration-to-boost-us-gdp-by-7-trillion-over-de...
10:07 AM - Feb 08, 2024
Jonathan Hecht (He/Him)
A
In response to El Pepo.
I was thinking about the way conservatives posit themselves as “strong leadership” when so many horrors befall the nation when they are in charge, like:

*Covid killing a million Americans
* January 6 attack on the Capitol
*Hurricane Katrina wiping NOLA
*9/11/2001
So much failure in conservatism
10:38 AM - Feb 08, 2024
El Pepo
A
In response to Jonathan Hecht (He/Him).
I've spouted it before: the #gqp is responsible for most of the major problems of this country. Generally bad public education, especially in red states; worst health outcomes of any industrialized nation; worst time off policies across the board, etc. The list goes on and on.
09:31 PM - Feb 08, 2024
Jonathan Hecht (He/Him)
A
In response to El Pepo.
It may be distinction without difference for you; I’ve found most feel this way..

But generally I think the problem is with political conservatism broadly, beyond just the GOP..

Yes, their party is fully captured by conservatives. But conservatism oozes out into other venues, always to ill effect.
10:00 AM - Feb 09, 2024
El Pepo
A
Yes I agree that conservatism by design tends to prevent society from evolving, however other conservative parties like in Canada and other G7 countries, tend to be much more moderate than what the #gqp has become. The Conservatives in Canada won't touch the national health system for example.
01:29 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Jonathan Hecht (He/Him)
A
In response to El Pepo.
I think this is partially true, but like their American counterparts they would and have cut funding and created understaffing where they could, to promote the idea that the “system is broken” and only their conservative “capitalist innovations” can fix it.
02:28 PM - Feb 09, 2024
El Pepo
A
Yep that's their tune, how magically the market fixes everything. 🤔
11:28 AM - Feb 10, 2024
Jonathan Hecht (He/Him)
A
In response to El Pepo.
💯truth!! 😂
11:29 AM - Feb 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}