Carla Reid + Chilla
A
So, you are scrolling along, you comment on a few spouts, you like and echo. You become engrossed in reading an article, you see you have a Notification.
What is most likely, you wait till you are done reading or/and scrolling to check, or you stop whatever you are doing and click on Notifications?

Notifications can wait.

I need to know now.

It will only be ghosts.

118 votes — 09:15 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Christian Jensen
A
Notifications = wait, always. If I look them, I’ll lose my place in my feed, and be kicked to the top. Frustrating.
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
09:27 AM - Feb 13, 2024
ChrisADED
A
In response to Christian Jensen.
I use a browser and open a new tab for any significant branch in a thread so I don't end up having to scroll back through it all and/or lose track of what I haven't read. I'll often get to 6 or 7 open tabs then methodically work my back through them to the original thread.
03:18 AM - Feb 14, 2024
ChrisADED
A
In response to ChrisADED.
It's like trying to read every page of a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book!
03:19 AM - Feb 14, 2024
Drummer Girl
A
I thought it was just me and my browser.... so then, maybe I should put a ticket in... it seems weird that "back" becomes "back to the start of the timeline" 🙄 I end up opening a second window to not lose my place if I'm a few pages in... and then can pop into notifications w/o worry.
09:45 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Christian Jensen
A
In response to Drummer Girl.
I am on the iOS app.
09:56 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
😊 I understand. Not to change your way, but opening up another tab may be of help. It has been suggested.
09:28 AM - Feb 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}