Professor Kyle
A
WTF. I decided to watch Stewart's monologue to be sure my take was informed. He trashes Biden full on, like it's his mission. It's what he did to Obama & Clinton. His thought is "be fair, skewer everyone"...when the 2 sides aren't remotely equal, & the outcome is voter apathy, which helps the GOP.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
Yup. If you like Jon Stewart, fine, but you can't deny that his entire schtick is bothsidesing – he did it to Biden just like he did it to Obama, creating false equivalency between parties that could not be more different – thereby undermining democracy.
10:52 AM - Feb 13, 2024
11:50 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Rachael Elizabeth
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
It seems like he thought he could come back to his old schtick and didn't keep his finger on the pulse of the last few years AT ALL. It comes across as ghoulish and opportunistic.
12:37 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Rachael Elizabeth.
For sure.
12:39 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
Complaint number

I called and told them of my disgust and will not watch.
12:22 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
i read about it on the daily beast. i can’t believe he did this. the rich really are different. they truly don’t give a shit.
11:54 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Yup. And it sucks because he does have a lot of influence. E.g., he trashed Biden's TikTok video which I thought was fun...but now Stewart fans will think it sucks.
12:11 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Jack Mcgraw
A
Thank you.

Its a shame he is doing it again.

I guess he is rich, so he will be unaffected in his mind
11:53 AM - Feb 13, 2024 (Edited)
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Jack Mcgraw.
Exactly. Hopefully he doesn't actually think this way, but if TFG is elected he'll get a big tax cut...
12:12 PM - Feb 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}