Blackity Black
A
‘We’ is doing a lot of work here… there’s a specific ‘we’ that holds up progress in this country.
Susan L @SusanLarson
Any broken business model can be fixed. In this case, it has been done all over the world. In America, we know how, but we won’t. Because, let’s face it, we just hate helping anybody else, even when it will help us.

https://youtu.be/0ovaWK4mO...
Why Child Care Costs More Than College (and how to make it affordable) - YouTube

Child care costs more than college in the United States.Parents can pay upwards of $20,000 per child per year — but most child care businesses struggle to br...

09:49 AM - Feb 13, 2024
10:09 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Susan L
A
In response to Blackity Black.
I’ve said it here a lot. It certainly applies here too.

We have a White people problem…
The people who have the power to fix it
The people who refuse to fix it
The people who lie about why they won’t, why it can’t be fixed

White supremacy is the problem
11:34 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Mary Cole
A
In response to Susan L.
I see humans as collecting in groups where they share (or think they do) some characteristic. They are easily manipulated by media of all sorts. Those who figure out how to acquire wealth use it to advance themselves & squash others. Yet there are good people out there. It's all hard 2 grok, IYKWIM.
11:43 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Blackity Black
A
The wealthiest 400 white people in the country have more wealth than all 41 million black folks in this country combined.

I think the ‘those’ you’re referring to are specific and need to be addressed instead of using this umbrella of ‘characteristics’ to placate a community.
In response to Mary Cole.
08:29 PM - Feb 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}