Miggs Bylaws
A
This isn't going to mean any changes for Mayorkas, as the Senate is unlikely to convict him. It's symbolic, as many of our latest political moves have been, important to the respective parties base and will become part of our history. The library of congress has a LOT of weird new documents to keep.
09:18 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Miggs Bylaws.
This is disgraceful. When I heard the news, I actually teared up.
09:18 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Miggs Bylaws
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
It's setting another new precedent. But I hope people are also recognizing the positive precedents we have seen set lately too. Such as no president is above the law, a twice impeached president due to wrongdoing (made it into a song), and considerations for civil rights changes.
09:22 PM - Feb 13, 2024 (Edited)
Pam Sourelis
A
The precedent is that impeachment is meaningless, which is the point, of course. If everyone and anyone can be impeached for no reason, then TFG's impeachments are meaningless.
09:23 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Miggs Bylaws
A
I mean it is certainly doing that in the now. It's demonstrating the precedent of our division, and yes, essentially undermines the significance of certain checks and balances, I agree. So I feel you on that feeling of drain, disappointment, and disgust for the increase in this intentional division.
In response to Pam Sourelis.
09:28 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Pam Sourelis
A
It also just makes me sad. This good man does not deserve to be treated with this level of disrespect.
09:50 PM - Feb 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}