Susanna Bloom
A
I never understood the need to ban books. I wonder if they don't understand that banning a book is only going to make them want to read the book more. It doesn't matter by the legal or illegal retrieval of said book. There is a thing called Shadow Libraries.
04:23 PM - Mar 10, 2023
AndyShmandy
A
In response to Susanna Bloom.
For the sake of debate, there is a line. I don't think that "To Kill a Mockingbird" or "1984" crosses it, but, the high limit of conceptual depravity need not be amplified. Let us agree that there is a line. The question is where to draw it. I think that glorifying torture should be legislated,you?
04:30 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Susanna Bloom
A
You say those books cross the line and maybe they do. I haven't read those books since I was a teenager but by banning them, do you seriously think kids are going to be like: "Okay we can't read those books. So, let us find something else."
In response to AndyShmandy.
05:03 PM - Mar 10, 2023
AndyShmandy
A
In response to Susanna Bloom.
I don't think that these books cross any lines. I am just saying it is possible to write a book that would
05:09 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Susanna Bloom
A
In response to AndyShmandy.
Even if there is something like that to come, do you think banning it will stop kids from it? There will always still be ways to get it. Friends and other means. Banning just makes it more wanted no matter what you do or don't.
09:41 PM - Mar 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}