Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/4
I asked my therapist if it was OK if we hugged as we ended our session tonight. She asked me how I felt asking that. I didn't feel anyway really. She asked why had I never asked before. I Saif because people don't hug goodbye in the morning, it's more of an evening, goodnight thing.
07:56 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/4
Unexplained to her I used to hug my former therapist as we had evening sessions as well. I told her it's perfectly OK for people who love each other to hug goodbye and it's not like she had to love me but I kinda love her since she's been my therapist almost 4 years and saved my life.
07:57 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/4
So we shared our first hug goodbye tonight. I told her she was a good hugger. Often white people, in my experience, give these hugs where they barely touch you, even if you're friends. Weaksauce hugs. But she put a little oomph in hers and that was nice. We don't have to hug after every session.
07:59 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/4
But I'm a hugger by nature with those I care for. And hugging is just something you do when you part for the evening with someone you care about. That's the way I conduct myself.
08:00 PM - Feb 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}