Gala Williams
A
thread 1/11
Sighs…deep breaths

the whole purpose for #BHM   in first place: So BLACK FOLK will know, understand, and pass down OUR history. into the next generations.
Especially to those that are not us.

Whitewashing history is white supremacy
08:00 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 2/11
History is not supposed to make you Comfortable.
I don’t know how many times that has to be said!
08:00 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 3/11
History isn’t about it all being in the past. Things repeat itself. Ppl still carry those anti black or other ism ideologies. And it’s not just the adults, it is present in school children today with those ideologies.
08:05 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 4/11
All I hear is talk of “ history repeats itself”
“we must teach true history and not sugarcoat stuff.”

Ok
Next we try to teach the Un whitewashed history then next you know we got books ban, being restricted on what to teach in history-which
08:15 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 5/11
is the same repeated sugarcoated, cherry picked history. Same lies being told. Examples like Columbus was a person to discover America or Thomas Jefferson was the good guy. and was in a romantic relationship with Sally. 😒
08:17 AM - Feb 15, 2024 (Edited)
Gala Williams
A
thread 6/11
Let’s not forget we are putting in money towards some of these politicians to defund HBCU, or put in laws that you need a permission slip in order for your kids to read books from an African American author. Yikes,fragile much😒
08:28 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 7/11
Anytime Black ppl speak up on factual history on their history…
Black are automatically ostracized for it. Or argued with.

Like ok “sorry if I care about my history and I get up and search for it and you don’t “
“or that I’m tired of being told lies”
08:38 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 8/11
Stop going on Black ppls posts and centering yourself. Thinking you know what it is to be Black.
It’s exhausting!
We know our lived experiences, we have family members and relatives that are elderly
08:43 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 9/11
that are still here and said some things that they either remember or from a flash back from the civil rights era, Jim Crow, etc etc. and it wasn’t that long ago either.
Like we talk to them. We have family gatherings , reunions, thanksgiving. Or just talk to them on the phone.
08:49 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 10/11
We not making shit up!
I’m so sick and tired of being told, or hearing that our lived experiences as Black ppl are considered “race baiting”
“ that it never happened “
Or even be argued with the whataboutism with folks that ain’t Black.
Y’all never shut the mouths and think you know everything.
08:53 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Gala Williams
A
thread 11/11
It’s insulting.
08:53 AM - Feb 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}