ActualApe
A
When I post on Facebook in support of trans rights only about 5 or 6 people ever like my posts. I don't know if it's the algorithm there or if people really don't care. When trans rights are taken away, everyone's rights are at risk. Why aren't more people concerned about this?
08:56 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Pam McSt
A
In response to ActualApe.
I have the same experience on FB, & I'm not sure if it's the algorithm or people avoiding politics, but I suspect a bit of both. I was so worried that hardly anyone cared, and most are liberal/moderate. A few friends respond in comments & I have a couple who will only private msg political stuff.
10:16 PM - Mar 14, 2023
ActualApe
A
In response to Pam McSt.
Yeah, I think a lot of people are going back to just posting family and nature photos on Facebook. I'm pretty sure all of my conservative friends have unfollowed me, so they don't see any of my posts. Although they sometimes come out of the woodwork when I post bird or cat photos!
11:10 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Ray StogieBear
A
I'm still in a 7 day suspension at Twitter because I went OFF on a trans-hating woman and her mob of haters bombarded my tweets with reporting. Amazingly, I don't feel sorry, or bothered. Twitter suspension at this point is a badge of honor.
11:16 PM - Mar 10, 2023
ActualApe
A
In response to Ray StogieBear.
It's sad what's happening over there. Good for you for standing up for what's right! I haven't closed my account yet, but I only go there if someone posts a link that seems important.
12:18 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
First they came for the trans people, and I said nothing, because I was not trans...
09:31 PM - Mar 10, 2023
ActualApe
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
We just never learn ...
09:33 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Lawrence Allen
A
They're not trans. Don't know anyone who is. Join the club. Another marginalized group that the average American citizen doesn't give a toss about.
09:07 PM - Mar 10, 2023
ActualApe
A
In response to Lawrence Allen.
True, but most of my Facebook friends are liberal and support trans rights in theory. They just don't seem willing to do so publicly on Facebook. If that's true, it doesn't bode well for democracy. People are already becoming cowards in face of right wing propaganda.
09:20 PM - Mar 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}