Spoutible Banned Book Club
A
#SpoutibleBannedBookClub #FireTalkingPoint

How does this apply today?

“The brutality with which Negroes are treated in this country simply cannot be overstated, however unwilling white men may be to hear it.” (p. 68)

#SBBC #FireNextTime
09:52 AM - Feb 17, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Spoutible Banned Book Club.
I think we need to go no further than to examine police brutality.
01:14 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Dréa25
A
The brutality still exists. Obvious lynchings are replaced by police shootings. "Whites Only" signs are replaced with rules regarding hair styles and other forms of micro aggression.
08:01 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Ruth Neese
A
#SBBC #FireNextTime The brutality lives and breathes in my profession, nursing. POC are ignored, undertreated, and gaslighted with every healthcare encounter. My colleagues are called the N-word, or worse, and subjected to microaggressions. It’s a microcosm.
07:16 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Angelique Yaich
A
In response to Ruth Neese.
I can't imagine how horrible it must be to deal with anger/name calling directed at you and still try and help a patient...that takes some professionalism...
12:09 AM - Feb 18, 2024
Naomi Groont
B
How is this relevant today
05:03 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Spoutible Banned Book Club
A
In response to Naomi Groont.
? Are you answering or asking or editing my spout? The definition of apply is "be applicable or relevant." If it's not perfect sentence structure that's not the point here.
05:13 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Just Curious About Stuff
A
I don’t see that what he’s written has changed all these decades later

No, generally speaking, white men don’t want to acknowledge it, for that means accepting responsibility for their role in perpetuating it, regardless of reason or motive (racism, fear, willing ignorance, etc.)
01:21 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Angelique Yaich
A
It must be hard to have a visual appearance that promotes such fear in others...Then we've amped up that fear with laws that target black people and people without means to be better to justify our fears and fuel an industry of criminal incarcerations.
We have little Empathy for people without money
12:28 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Becky Cline
A
The attitude of if one does not commit crime, brutality would not happen.
The blinders white people use to not see white people committing crimes.
If you want to look at it from an education perspective, listening to all of these bozo politicians wanting to block black history from being taught.
11:39 AM - Feb 17, 2024

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}